Click here to contact us for competitive pricing.
Ceska zbrojovka Uhersky Brod dates back to 1936 when it was established as a branch plant of Ceska zbrojovka located in the town of Strakonice, based on a political decision of the National Defence Council. On 2 January 1937 production of a combined range of military and civilian arms commenced. The first products were aircraft machine guns, military pistols and small-bore rifles. During the Nazi occupation period the plant was forced to produce and repair military arms.
From 1945 the plant returned to the combined range of military and civilian arms, with an equal share of time going into the production of each. In 1950 the Company became a separate state enterprise called “Presne strojirenstvi Uhersky Brod” (The Precision Machine Tooling Company) and was subsequently reorganized into a number of specialized directorates.
In the 1970s and 1980s the Company was merged with the concern Agrozet Brno, where it engaged in it’s traditional production of arms while also taking over and launching the production of reduction gears and driveshaft casings for aircraft engines for Motorlet Praha and hydraulic powered and controlled attachments for tractors for Zetor Brno.